Mark Andy Inc. is now hiring a Mechanical Assembler.
As the Mechanical Assembler you will:
▪ Perform duties required to assemble mechanical and pneumatic components into sub-assemblies across multiple models inside of their respective product lines. It also includes self-inspection, testing, troubleshooting, and documenting the sub-assemblies prior to releasing to final assembly.
▪ Assemble mechanical and pneumatic components into sub-assemblies across multiple models in each of their respective product lines.
▪ Assemble various components into mechanical sub-assemblies per engineering drawings, schematics and diagrams.
▪ Assist process engineers in implementing checks and improvements, “quality at the source”, based on feedback and data from downstream operations.
▪ Inspect components, prior to assembly, for visual defects and damage.
▪ Inspect completed sub-assemblies, visually and manually.
▪ Troubleshoot and rebuild customer owned parts.
▪ Support engineering department in redesigning and building prototype sub assemblies for presses.
▪ Prepare the following forms: material request, material return to stock, etc.
Qualifications & Skills Required
▪ Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
▪ Ability to interpret blueprints, good communication skills and the ability to problem solve
▪ Ability to work with process engineers to update drawings and schematics on assemblies to ensure proper documentation
▪ Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function of the position
▪ Interact with others
▪ Work in high stress environment
▪ Deal with interpersonal conflicts
▪ Work with difficult customers
▪ Work in an office/manufacturing environment
▪ Provide coverage during certain periods
Education & Experience Required
▪ High school degree or equivalent
▪ 6 months of mechanical experience
Moderate to frequent exposure to shop environment; may be exposed to dust, odors, oils, fumes, chemicals, noise and moving parts. Work typically requires the usage of PPE and can require work on the facility’s production floor or customer’s production environment.
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl and move about facility and/or customer’s facilities. Frequent lifting up to 50 pounds.
Mark Andy Inc. is the Total Solutions Partner to the printing industry with a mission to be 'the supplier of choice with high quality innovative solutions that drive customer profitability.' The company responds to business needs by offering the broadest portfolio of equipment, the largest consumables distribution and now the most robust service infrastructure to better support printers and converters around the world.
Mark Andy is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, with sales and distribution offices worldwide.
Mark Andy Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor, which is prohibited by applicable law.